Day 24 - today, I am grateful for my Daily Gratitude Practice.
For the past 3 weeks, I have been documenting my gratitude practice daily. Research shows that gratitude practiced frequently can improve your overall well being, so my goal was to take time each day to notice the things in life that I am thankful for.
What has been interesting for me to learn is that so many of the things I’m grateful for are, seemingly, small things. I also realized that, as the weeks went on, I noticed more and more things that I’m grateful for; the list just continued to grow.
Here are some of the things that I’m grateful for which didn’t make the list, not because they’re any less important, but just because there were too many to mention;
· Waking up in the morning before the alarm goes off;
· Drinking a large glass of water when I’m thirsty;
· Finding an unexpected bargain when shopping;
· Finding the perfect parking space when I’m tired and weary;
· Discovering the leak in the house before it causes major damage;
· Stepping into a warm house when the weather is cold.
For me, this daily practice has given me a chance to reflect, count my blessings and it has given me tools to perk myself up when I faced challenges. It helped me to focus on all the things that are good, instead of the things that might not be going according to plan. For that, I am very thankful.